Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Random Taxi Ride Home

Below is the script and also a commentary video of a real taxi ride home I took a few weekends ago with friends... Sifa and DJ told me that I should be telling my stories, not writing them.. so here goes.. let me know which you prefer.. peace! tj


Random taxi ride from a Tokyo Club back to a friend of a friends home to crash, at 4am, gotta wait 'til 5am for the trains to start back up...




Giacomo: What do you think Eldred - this road or that road?
Des: Oh that is it. We're getting a taxi - Sumimasen!
Giacomo: Ohhh, I wanted to go for a stroll...
Des: Nope, I wanna go home to bed. You two give directions.
Eldred: Ahhhh, I don't know where we are...
TJ: oh man, good call Des.
Giacomo: Okay, okay. But I want my maaaassskkkk.
Driver: Hai. なに なに にほんご (asking what I assume "where are ya headed?)
Giacomo: ないない ないない にほんご (Answering where I assume we're going)
Des: argh... I am so tirrrreeeddd...
Giacomo: Ohhhh..... my maassssskkkk...
Eldred: awww.... harden up! haha.
Driver to Eldred: なに なに にほんご (asking what I can't even guess)
Eldred: ahhh... (no comment)
Giacomo: aaaaaahhh... haha.
Des: Oh my god. we were going to walk this?
TJ: I actually am pretty sure we just went in a circle guys.
Des: I can't BELIEVE we were going to walk this!
TJ: D, we just went in a circle.
Des: Oh, what ever.
Giacomo: なに なに (gesturing left and then straight and then furiously pointing right, as if the driver is nuts).
Driver to Eldred: なに なに (talking more insistently to Eldred)
Eldred: ummm....
Des: He thinks your Japanese aye.
Eldred: yeeeppp..
Des and TJ: haha!!
Giacomo: なに なに (what I'm guessing as "go right, right, RIGHT!")
Driver: なに なに (what I'm guessing to be "I can't! It's illegal!)
Giacomo: なに なに (oh right, straight, straight, straight)
Des: I'm sooo tirrrrreeeeddd.... isn't that the 7/11?
TJ: Ahhhh... you guys are all funny.... hahahahahaha
Giacomo: Okay, right soon, no! soon! now! right! right!
Des: I can't BELIEVE we were going to walk this!
Giacomo: Were' close now, that school is by our place
Eldred: ohhh.. yea???
Driver to Eldred: なに なに 
Eldred: aaa ha ha ha.. (nervous)
Giacomo: Lets just go for a drive round
Des: That's it. I'm not paying.
TJ: haha!
Giacomo: なに なに (left, straight, right, oh... um.. ahh..)
Des: I think that was the 7/11 before...
TJ: haha! you all sooo funny!
Giacomo: Damn Jap girls! Stole my mask!
Des: And my hat and cape.
Giacomo: LEFT! no no no! Right! ごめん!! 
Driver shaking head, still talking to Eldred: なに なに
Des: This is taking forever! We're miles from that school now!
Eldred: I still have no idea where we are. (We're going to his house)
TJ: ahahaha! We're going to your house!
Des: Ohhhh.... I know where we are.... oh, fuck, no I don't.
TJ: ahahahahahahaha!!! (Hysterical now)
Giacomo: Go left, no, no... do a U-turn...
Eldred: Oh yea... I know where we are...
Giacomo: Stop soon... no, no.. keep going (gesturing furiously now)
Des: ohhh yeeeaaa.... I know now... god I'm tired..
Giacomo: Here! Stop! Stop!
TJ: yaaayyy!!!
Giacomo: Ohhh... my mask... never trust Jap Girls!
Des: Thank god.

No comments: